Re: [opensuse] WARNING! re latest update to OpenOffice from Novell
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajohansson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:42:41 +0100
On Saturday 31 January 2009 11:11:18 Joe Morris wrote:
Yes, I am sure he installed from the 11.1 STABLE repo, and I can confirm
the 3.0.1 packages there do not work, something that was a surprise to
me as well. I installed the x86_64 packages, but none would start up.
Looking at versions showed some 3.0.0.9 packages still installed, which
when uninstalled it complained about the localization and not being able
to determine language (not good for US English). Reinstalling from the
DVD restored it without much problem.

Ah yes, I got that as well just now. Reinstalling the l10n package from the
STABLE repo made it work. No need to reinstall 3.0.0.9

Seriously, if you are going to use packages from the build service, letting
the packager know about problems - instead of just reinstalling the old
version and complaining on mailing lists - gives you a far better chance of
making things work

Anders