Re: [opensuse] Kde4 desktop
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 12:17:14 +0100
Am Samstag, 31. Januar 2009 11:14:16 schrieb jdd:
But I still don't really understand what are these folder view or
desktop view... right now I have the desktop folder *and* the... what
can be the name now??? what was the desktop before, that is my screen
background *together* (I have two sets of icons).

If I understand you correctly, you have set the desktop to use folder-view as
background and a folder-view plasmoid on top of it? So either you can remove
the plasmoid or point it to some other folder you work with, e.g. ~/Documents

Where are these non folder icons stored??

By default folder-view shows whatever is in ~/Desktop.

I see I can reduce the folder view, but then I have only a checker
(that is nothing) as background.

If you remove the plasmoid by clicking on its "X" you only get a checkerboard
background? That would definitely be wrong.

I had sometime ago :-) a background plus a folder frame (cdefault at
install), but I don't know how to have this again...

If you do not care about your plasma config, i.e. panel etc. you can open a
konsole and do as user "kquitapp plasma", wait some seconds, then "rm
~/.kde4/share/config/plasma*" and finally "plasma".

Sven