Re: [opensuse] User name typo error when installing oS - how to rectify
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 20:39:20 -0600
On Friday 30 January 2009 06:32:02 am Basil Chupin wrote:

Also, after making these changes for mozilla and thunderbird it was
necessary (unusual I know) to reboot the sysem before the changes took
effect; simply restarting Firefox and Thunderbird left both without
extensions and with the default themes.

It was enough to logout from old name and login in new name.

(While FF and TB are now working as before I now wonder if there any
other apps which may be similarly affected.)

Every application that remembers absolute path to home directory instead to
look for $HOME will be lost. You can grep/search for /home/<old_user_name>
and see what files contain absolute path.

Mine is running for a while and it collected quite a few files :-)
Not all are configuration, but there are some that have absolute path.
I have this home directory for a quite some time, so you should have your list
faster.

--
Regards, Rajko