Re: [opensuse] Re: New Wireless driver, where? [WAS: First attempt at installing wireless]
  • From: Scott Jones <scottj.org@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:16:36 -0600
On Friday 30 January 2009, Greg Freemyer wrote:

I updated the opensuse wiki to reflect the above. And I added a
couple of references to the bc4312.

http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Network_Adapters_(Wireless)/Broadcom_BCM43xx

This is my first experience with linux and wireless, so if one of you
experts feel I messed up the wiki entry, please fix it.

Changed it. Packman has had broadcom kmp packages available for all the
kernel flavors, not just the debug kernel, since they started packaging it.

Additionally, the broadcom-wl package simply provides the module blacklist
necessary for wl.ko to work. It does not require the debug kernel, but it
does have broadcom-wl-kmp as a dependency, which can be fulfilled by any of
the broadcom-wl-kmp-* packages.