[opensuse] Enable/Disable XGL from the command-line?
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:21:06 +0000 (UTC)
I've got a program that I'd like to run outside of xgl. Prior to
openSUSE 11.0, you could run gnome-xgl-switch to disable xgl effects, but
in 11.0 that command was removed. The readme says to use "xgl-switch",
but that is used to change the default X server startup, and that's not
what I want to do.

What I want is the same effect as unchecking the "enable desktop effects
box" in simple-ccsm.

I want to write a startup script for the program that disables xgl and
uses xrandr to change the screen resolution) before launching the program
and resets both when the program terminates.

I am currently running openSUSE 11.0 - giving 11.1 a few months before I
upgrade.

Thanks,

Jim
--