Re: [opensuse] Citrix client for openSUSE 11.1
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 18:10:42 +0100
On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 08:27 -0800, Ben Kevan wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:07:11 -0800, Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:

I have just tried to install the 'latest' citrix linux client from
citrix via an RPM. It requires /usr/lib/libXm.so.3, but 11.1 comes
with /usr/lib/libXm.so.4. How have others sorted this? I need to access
a web-based citrix server. Any advice on the best way on openSUSE 11.1?
The java version seems not to work either...

have you tried making a symlink ?

That was my first reaction. But the rpm still complained. So I guess
there is more to it than that. I don't like to install rpms telling them
to ignore missing dependencies. At least not before I explore
alternatives.

I am also wondering why the citrix java client, which the citrix server
claims can be used and will be loaded when used, does not work (in
Firefox). Not much in terms of error messages. The java that shows up in
about:plugins in Firefox is "GCJ Web Browser Plugin (using IcedTea)
1.3". Is that all the Java stuff I should be seeing in Firefox?

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.