[opensuse] OpenSUSE 11.1, Dell Latitude E4300 & Hibernate/Resume :-(
  • From: Fabian Scheler <fabian.scheler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:48:45 +0100
Hello everybody,

I have some troubles regarding Hibernate/Resume on my Dell Latitude
E4300. While hibernating works fine I resuming again does not :-( I
guess that problem is somehow related to X as hibernate/resume on the
text console works fine but as soon as I switch back to X the system
completely freezes (no ping, no ssh, no mouse, nothing ...). The
system also freezes when hibernating from X and resuming into X again.

I know there are some issues regarding the intel drivers (the E4300
has a Intel GS45 chipset and thus Intel GMA X4500 graphics) but I read
some "experience reports" on the web that told about working
hibernate/resume. I friend of mine mentioned the i915 kernel module as
possible source for that problem. That module, however, is not even
loaded on my system.

Hibernate/resume results in a froozen X with the following kernels:
2.6.27.{10,11,12,13} and 2.6.28.{0,1,2}.

Has anybody observed similar problems? Any hints are appreciated!

Ciao, Fabian

Further information that might be helpful:

I installed the latest packages from:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Drivers:/Video/openSUSE_11.1
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/Utilities/openSUSE_11.1
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XOrg/openSUSE_11.1

Attached you find my xorg.conf. I run a dual head configuration with a
non-rectangular desktop (1280x800 + 1280x1024) and disabled DRI.
  • No further messages