Re: [opensuse] Xorg problem with Compiz with KDE apps
On Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:31:27 -0800, tomas alberto ramirez andujar
<tramirez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

I have SUSE 11 intalled in a Dell inspiron 1720. Gnome works with no
problem with compiz but whenever I load a Kde application my screen
changes and disables all the effects, I get the following error:

[drm:i915_getparam] *ERROR* Unknown parameter 5

My graphics card is a Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated
Graphics Controller (rev 0c)

Any suggestions
Tommie

-
----------
Tomas Alberto Ramirez Andujar
Sistemas de Informacion y Redes
CEJISOFT. Camaguey. Cuba

What Compiz are you using? I would highly suggest if you aren't utilizing NOMAD to install the Compiz version without the NOMAD patch. I've had nothing but problems with openSUSE 11.1 Compiz w/ NOMAD.
You can do this by doing:
sudo zypper ar http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.1/ Compiz
&& sudo zypper up -t package -r Compiz

--
I say never be complete. I say stop being perfect. I say let's evolve. Let the
chips fall where they may. -Fight Club