Re: [opensuse] Who is using Gnome?
  • From: Larry Stotler <larrystotler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 11:04:28 -0500
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Robert Paulsen
<robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For me, KDE4 looks to be not worth the learning curve. Since KDE4 forces me to
learn *something* new and less usable than KDE3 it seems worth considering
Gnome.

I'd be interested in hearing from those who use it and what their experiences
are.

Evidently Linus Torvalds agrees with you. Considering how much he
said he hated gnome, he's now using it instead of KDE4.

Personally, I've stuck with 11.0/KDE3. I've seen no reason to run
11.1 on any of my machines. I will hold off for KDE4.3 and 11.2 and
see what happens. Give me KPersonalizer and a way to make KDE4 work
like KDE3 and I'd be happy.