Re: [opensuse] curl error-connection time out
  • From: Joe Morris <Joe_Morris@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 23:29:06 +0800
On 01/30/2009 10:48 PM, Peter Poeml wrote:
Hi Joe,

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:28:33PM +0800, Joe Morris wrote:

On 01/30/2009 09:15 AM, Peter Poeml wrote:

And, you can already test http://en.opensuse.org/Libzypp/Failover today,
if you want, which is the way to go for the future.

Thanks,
Peter

I think this would be a great feature and would greatly help the
downloading. I have had so many problems redirecting to some dodgy
mirrors that will give a curl error after it has slowly downloaded the
file til 100% it made me change all my repositories directly to mirrors,
but that has also had some problems (I suspect many are doing that). I
already voted for the 2 features mentioned in your other email, but I
have a question. I am running 11.1 x86_64. My understanding of the
above site is the code is already in there, and all I would need is to
set the env var ZYPP_ARIA2C=1, so I created /etc/bash.bashrc.local and
added export ZYPP_ARIA2C=1, which does show up in my env as well as
root's. When i changed the URL for my repositories back to

Little question, did you also install the aria2 package?
The one from 11.1?

yes, it was already installed.

download.opensuse.org, they went from under repositories to under
services, but I thought OK, maybe using aria2c changes that and I really
don't care, but when opening Software Management, all the moved
repositories failed. Did I misunderstand some step? Thanks for working
on this problem, it is growing worse as I assume the mirrors get overloaded.

Note that this is to be regarded as a prototype and there may be bugs -
which is also why it needs testing, and bugs to be reported.

Peter

Understood, Bug report is forth coming.

--
Joe Morris