Re: [opensuse] KDE4 (.1 and .2) and opengl desktop effects
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 10:21:55 +0100
Am Freitag, 30. Januar 2009 09:49:34 schrieb Konstantinos Georgokitsos:
I do have a GeForce4 card which as I have read seems to lack shaders and
can not support some compositing effects. Still, shouldn't I be able at
least to use other opengl effects?

Geforce4 is legacy hardware and hence the NVIDIA driver is really bad
regarding desktop effects in KDE4, it's not worth the trouble.

You can check your .xsession-errors to see what kwin's driver version and
capablity check tells you, but as I said, even if you get it to work, the
driver for Geforce4 is not up to the job.

Sven