Re: [opensuse] KDE4 - a dumb beginner's question
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 09:10:17 +0100
On Fri, 2009-01-30 at 09:02 +0100, Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Freitag, 30. Januar 2009 08:03:28 schrieb Roger Oberholtzer:
What is kickoff? This from a seasoned KDE 3.5 user

The menu that opens if you click on the bottom-left icon on the panel
(default
settings). This was already part of KDE3 in openSUSE 10.3 and 11.0, if people
did not reset the menu to the old style.

Ahh, I see, I have reset it to the old menu. So of course I cannot use
the right-click to add apps to my panel. That is, until I finish this
e-mail and take corrective actions.

This menu, BTW, it not called the kickoff in the menu where you can add
widgets to the panel. It is called the "Application Launcher Menu".
Granted kickoff is shorter. But it is not known as that on the desktop.
Thus my confusion.

Anyway, now I am happy.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.