Re: [opensuse] It's Clean Already!
  • From: Clayton <smaug42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:23:35 +0100
I've just been treated to what, according to my Web searching, is a very
old problem: Launch feedback and a taskbar entry for "HTTP Cache
Cleaner". It's been bouncing along, now, for several minutes. CPU
utilization and I/O volume are very low.

What might be the solution to this? All the "*cache_cleaner*.desktop"
files I can find have the startup-notify option set to "false."

What's the proper solution to this?

By the way, in many years of using SuSE / openSUSE Linux, I've never
seen this.

I get the same on my 11.1 install from time to time.. the Cache
Cleaner runs for 5 to 15 minutes... the mouse cursor never stops
"bouncing" the whole time. I've never looked into the cause/solution
though. It never happens often enough for me to remember to go
hunting it down :-)