Re: [opensuse] Surprise !! Got me 11.2 Alpha
  • From: Dave Plater <dave.plater@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 08:36:55 +0200
Bob S wrote:
Hello SuSE people,

Well it shouldn't have been a surprise to me and undoubtedly to none of you.

Wanted to update to the official KDE4.2 and I just let Yast update all newer
packages. Dumb,,,,Of course I got 11.2 Alpha and a new kernel. Oh well, this
IS my test machine. There are a few weird things in Yast but other stuff
seems OK (so far) It didn't download the nvidia counterpart to the new kernel
and I had to change xorg.conf to "nv" to get a screen. If anyone has a clear
cut method to do that, it would be appreciated.

And here is my question: In my repositories I have 11.1 oss, non-oss, etc.
Should I be disabling them and be going all factory, or just leave them be.
Didn't see an 11.2 Alpha oss, non-oss, etc in Factory.

Bob S

You have to have the kernel development pattern installed use the nvidia
run package to compile the driver when using factory. Go to
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us and download the
correct package, you will find instructions there as well.
Regards
Dave P