Re: [opensuse] 11.0 K3B - mp3 audio decoder plugin not found
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 17:26:21 +1100
Felix Miata wrote:
I ran http://opensuse-community.org/codecs-kde.ymp immediately after
installation, and so had and have the requisite repos enabled. I became tired
of seeing the subject message every time K3B opened. I tried in YaST2 to find
the K3B MAD Mp3 decoder it complained about not having and could not figure
out which package contained it. So I Googled, and found I asked this same
question last July. Joe Morris answered k3b-codecs. Anyone know why the ymp
did not install k3b-codecs, or why K3B doesn't come right out and name the
missing package?

Cannot answer your last question, but you also need to install
libxine1-codecs.

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the