Re: [opensuse] Pidgin & MSN
  • From: Mike McMullin <mwmcmlln@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 00:06:37 -0500
On Thu, 2009-01-29 at 08:41 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
Hi,

Evidently ([1], [2]), MSN has made changes in its servers that have
rendered Pidgin and Adium unable to connect and I have recently
discovered this affects me.

I do not know what audium is Randall, but at this particular moment in
time, I have my MSN connection up in pidgin (11.1).

I wonder if anyone else has encountered this problem, if they know of a
work-around (other than switching IM clients, since I've triend Kopete
and don't entirely care for it) and / or whether there are plans to get
existing packages fixed?

Amsn is available from the repos, and I know it logs into MSN's
servers (I just confirmed that), if you'd like to try that.

FYI my version of libpurple is:
rpm -q libpurple
libpurple-2.5.3-6.1