Re: [opensuse] curl error-connection time out
  • From: Andreas <linuxdreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:31:50 -0800
Am Donnerstag, 29. Januar 2009 17:15:53 schrieb Peter Poeml:
On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:11:57AM -0700, Teruel de Campo MD wrote:
Today I finally installing opensuse 11.1 kde 4.2 in all machines.

Q. Using yast software manager to update the system very often I
get a curl error and a connection time out. I retry and everything
is OK.

Everything is working OK but I had to be behind the screen to
interact all the time with this connection time outs. I do not
remember anything like that previously. It may be the server are
very busy.

Any comments.

-=terry=-

Either a broken mirror, or a network problem that gives you problems
reaching (a) mirror(s).

If you can provide me your IP address and a timeframe when this
happened, I can likely find out which mirror is broken and get it
fixed (or disabled), or otherwise tell what's wrong.

I get the same problem, connecting from the sf bay area. Looking at
iftop, there is one mirror that constantly pops up with zero download
speed:
opensuse.secsup.org
So I guess that would be a good candidate to check for breakage.

And, you can already test http://en.opensuse.org/Libzypp/Failover
today, if you want, which is the way to go for the future.

Way to go!

Thanks,
Peter

--