Re: [opensuse] KDE in 11.1
  • From: Robert Paulsen <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 20:39:30 -0600
On Thursday 29 January 2009 8:04 pm, Rajko M. wrote:
On Wednesday 28 January 2009 03:53:32 pm Robert Paulsen wrote:
Hi,

Just installed SuSE 11.1 with KDE 4.1.

KDE 4.1 will take some getting used to.

Well, just skip it. Go to the 4.2.

Is there a "SUSE approved" method for doing this? I want to avoid SUSE's
update mechanism from losing track of what's installed and what patches may
be available.

Reminds me of the early days when there was constant churn in KDE versions
with dozens of rpms to be installed over the top of older ones, seemed like
nearly every week! Sometimes names changed and old ones had to be removed
before new ones could be installed. As I remember I finally broke it beyond
repair and had to reinstall from the CDs. And this was getting the updates
off of SUSE's own web site!

Bob