Re: [opensuse] No boot screen anymore...
  • From: Allen <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 06:36:55 +1100
I have had the same problem for a while now. it has been one of those
"I'll get to it someday" sort of problems. I tried just adding the vga
line, but all it did was make my text smaller.

But following the instructions from NKoli (26 Jan) I now have the lovely
green splash screen back.

Open terminal, su, ´╗┐mkinitrd, watch for the closing line (mine was
1024x768). Then edit /boot/grub/menu.lst and add vga=0x317 at the end
of the kernel line.

All is now green :-)

Thanks Nkoli.

Allen