Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice --> PDF, weird characters
  • From: Ulf Sassenberg <ulf.sassenberg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 15:48:38 +0100
torsdagen den 29 januari 2009 skrev James Knott:
Ulf Sassenberg wrote:
Ciro Iriarte wrote:
Hi, does anybody found issues with OpenOffice 3.0 PDF exporting

> function?, In fact, apparently some portions of text have their font
> type changed in the output, although the original ODT file looks fine.
>
> Running OpenOffice_org-3.0.0.3.6-1.1 in OpenOffice 11.0@x86_64
>
> Example: http://www.mypicx.com/01262009/OpenOffice_PDF_export_issue/
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> Ciro Iriarte

Yes,
It is a nagging problem in the 64-bits version.
The last properly working one to my knowledge was 2.3.1
My work around is to use cups or ps2pdf, since postscript
files are properly generated.
Regards,
Ulf

It works fine here with OOo v3.0.0 on OpenSUSE 11.0.

The 32-bits version of OOo v3.0.0 does work properly but not the 64-bits
and that is on 11.0
Short documents might not show the problems, but as soon as you
involve a lot of of math, characters are replaced in the pdf-ouput.
So you might have to start looking.
Regards,
Ulf