Re: [opensuse] OpenOffice --> PDF, weird characters
  • From: James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 07:29:01 -0500
Ulf Sassenberg wrote:
Ciro Iriarte wrote:

Hi, does anybody found issues with OpenOffice 3.0 PDF exporting

> function?, In fact, apparently some portions of text have their font
> type changed in the output, although the original ODT file looks fine.

> Running OpenOffice_org-3.0.0.3.6-1.1 in OpenOffice 11.0@x86_64

> Example: http://www.mypicx.com/01262009/OpenOffice_PDF_export_issue/

> Regards,

> --
> Ciro Iriarte

Yes,
It is a nagging problem in the 64-bits version.
The last properly working one to my knowledge was 2.3.1
My work around is to use cups or ps2pdf, since postscript
files are properly generated.
Regards,
Ulf

It works fine here with OOo v3.0.0 on OpenSUSE 11.0.