Re: [opensuse] KDE4.2
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 17:45:35 +1100
Anders Johansson wrote:
On Wednesday 28 January 2009 02:53:40 Basil Chupin wrote:
[...[

Just remember a couple of things: 1) kde4:/factory flavour is openSUSE
development

Agh, yes, I always mix up unstable and factory. Sorry about that

I really don't recall any dependency problem but if there were then to

When going from 4.1.3 there are a few things in the popup, such as powerdevil
no longer being its own package, and a few other things

the errors reply "Ignore some dependency problems for kde4" (or close
enough to this :-) ).

Right

Anders

What has me "confus-ed" (as my late father-in-law used to say [he was
Italian]) is that this morning more updates were reported by zypp (or is
it zypper?) and when I went to apply them I suddenly (as in yesterday or
day before there were none) got a dependency error which I satisfied by
not installing compiz-kde-4-0.7.8.24.1.

Then I decided to install smart as the system updater (I have it
installed on my "test" system" with the identical (naturally) channels
(repositories) I have for zypper/zypp/whatever).

Not only did smart have any problems with dependencies associated with
compiz-kde-4* (above) it installed about a dozen updates - even though
zypper/zypp was showing no updates to be done only a minute or so before
I ran smart.

Results like this don't make for trust about whether oS is being
correctly updated. Personally I cannot help accept smart as the more
reliable app to update oS.

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the