Re: [opensuse] Gad! Windows 7 looks like KDE 4!
  • From: Kevin Dupuy <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:37:04 -0600
On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 09:02 -0800, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
Hi Folks,

Since I have to support Windows users as well as Linux, I
fired up the latest VirtualBox last night on a 11.0 desktop.
I then loaded up Windows 7 Beta and it blew my socks off!
It looks like KDE 4!

So, what's going on? Is Microsoft ripping off the KDE community,
or visa versa?

Of course not, it's called "implementing ideas" ;-). But open source has
done it before, so has OS X, so there's no use whining about it.

Either way, this is a "good thing" that should make it easier
for Windows users to move to Linux desktops.

Microsoft is discontinuing the Windows 7 Beta program on Feb 10,
so if you want to try it you better get cracking.

Yeah, I've been running it for a week or so. It's a very good version of
Windows. But it's still Windows and I still have the same problems with
it that I did with Vista, which I didn't think was all that bad, either.

(I know, I sound like a Windows Wonk. But I use it only in
support of my users. I promise.)

Eh, I use Windows for some things too. No shame in it, it's just a
product.
--
Kevin "Yeaux" Dupuy - openSUSE Member
Public Mail: <kevin.dupuy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>