Re: [opensuse] KDE4.2
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 18:27:41 -0600
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Jan 28, 2009, at 5:37 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:

Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 20:43 -0500, Fred A. Miller wrote:

NOT quite right. The old problem with Intel graphics is back.....3D
screen savers lock up the system tighter than a crabs hind end!!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is this a verified crab characteristic?

You bet, that's really tight!

It surely begs the question: how do you know? Who has measured such a
thing? It is sort of like eating something bad and saying it tastes like
guano. How would one know?When I lived in Arkansas, and then later in
New Mexico, we always were concerned about our neighbors to the south...

Roger,

You've never been to a blue-crab-boil have you? 60 gallon steaming pot
over a
propane flame on the patio. 3 inches of water, the steam basket 2-dozen crabs
fresh off the boats at Kema (late 80's). The shrimpers would give the crabs
away just to get rid of them. Several dozen ears of corn, squash and potatoes.
Season heavily with swamp-dust or swamp-fire, Steam for 45 minutes while
enjoying a few coolies.

Then you get to dissect the little critters. Flip them over pull the
center
shell section (shaped like a long narrow V) and then crack them apart. Going
through the exercise a few dozen times, you get very familiar with the
crustacean's anatomy. It's tight!

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC