Re: [opensuse] First attempt at installing wireless
  • From: Jos van Kan <vankan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 21:38:47 +0100

Greg Freemyer schreef:
All,

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 with a Broadcom Corporation BCM4312
wireless controller (per lspci).

Per http://en.opensuse.org/HCL/Network_Adapters_(Wireless)

For the BCM 4312 it says:
11.0 Native kernel driver. First check if b43-fwcutter is installed,
if not install it, then run as root the included script:
install_bcm43xx_firmware from the /usr/sbin directory. You have to be
already connected to the Internet to run the script. Restart your
system to load the driver.

I've just done that and I still am not showing a wireless controller
at all via ifconfig or iwconfig.

That page does not have OS 11.1 info, but I assume it is still supported.

What else am I supposed to do?

As root:

rcnetwork restart

--
Jos van Kan registered Linux user #152704