[opensuse] opensuse-11.1, x64 and isdn
  • From: Josef Wolf <jw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 20:16:45 +0100
Hello,

I had i4l running on various suse's (up to 10.0) since almost 10 years.
Now I upgraded to 11.1 on AMD x64 hardware, and it stopped working.
The drivers seem to load properly. But at the moment anything happens
on the isdn bus, the system freezes and/or reboots immediately without
any trace in any logfiles.

I've glanced through the i4l FAQ, and it looks like the driver do not
support 64 bit yet. Unfortunately, the FAQ is pretty much outdated,
so I guess this information is not very accurate.

Anybody knows the state of the i4l drivers on x64 hardware?

Then there seems to be a project called mISDN. Looks like this is
the successor of the i4l project. Anybody knows the state of this
on x64?