Re: [opensuse] Upgrade from 10.1 to 11.1
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 12:40:53 +0100
On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 12:10 +0100, Luciano Mannucci wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:50:56 +0100
Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:

It doesn't like /dev/hdnX partitions in /etc/fstab, as we all know :),

Did it automatically rename them and rewrite the fstab? At least for the
root partition? If so, that is fine. Or must one edit this in the
update?

I don't know.
Scared by the messagebox stating "please reboot and change the options"
I did it by hand...
It did complain again about /dev/sdnX not beeing a good idea, but did
the work straigh away...

I think I will be using the by-id disk names. Maybe I will change that
before doing the update. Then it should not complain...

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.