Re: [opensuse] Upgrade from 10.1 to 11.1
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 11:50:56 +0100
On Wed, 2009-01-28 at 11:44 +0100, Luciano Mannucci wrote:
On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 17:31:50 +0100
Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx> wrote:

Has anyone done this specific upgrade of openSUSE? If so, any pitfalls?
Just finished.
Seems pretty straight-forward.
It doesn't like /dev/hdnX partitions in /etc/fstab, as we all know :),

Did it automatically rename them and rewrite the fstab? At least for the
root partition? If so, that is fine. Or must one edit this in the
update?

easy to fix IMHO. Bootloader lilo doesn't work (easy to replace), and

I use grub anyway.

device names in /etc/sysconfig/network/routes have changed again, so
manually added static routes won't show up until fixed.
All the rest seems fine to me.

Sounds great.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.