Re: [opensuse] KDE4 - a dumb beginner's question
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 19:12:56 +1100
M Harris wrote:
On Tuesday 27 January 2009 10:16, Boris Epstein wrote:

Anyways, I am sure it is easy and I just missed the obvious. Any help
much appreciated.

The problem (white elephant in the middle of the list) that everyone is
ignoring here is that the KDE folks don't understand regression testing, nor
do they understand any semblance of backward compatibility responsibility.

Its fine to want to build a new KDE (say complete rewrite) but the new
version needs to provide regression and compatibility. Otherwise, the
userbase is going to be VERY unhappy.

I really do not think that "regression" is the word you want to use in a
response to "a dumb beginner's question".

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the