[opensuse] Important system files/folders to back-up
  • From: Jay Mistry <jaylinux53@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:29:11 +0530
I am new to Linux in general & have just started out with openSUSE
11.1 (dual boot with Windows XP Profnl.)

For Linux, what would be the critical system files that need to be
backed-up (such as /etc/X11/xorg.conf, /boot/grub/menu.lst,
etc/fstab, etc...) ?

Jay

PS:
In Windows for backup, I use Norton Ghost to make an image of the
system (C:/) partition from time-to-time. Also, a utility called
'ERUNT' that automatically makes a backup copy of the registry each
time Windows is booted.