Re: [opensuse] Re: KDE4.2 + Compiz kde decorator
  • From: medwinz <medwinz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 10:48:31 +0700
On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 10:14 AM, Xavier Callejas
<xavier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Has somebody been able to run compiz kde4 window decorator in KDE 4.2?

I find kwin effects so slow and buggi and I'm very used to the cube and some
compiz effects to turn them off.

Hi Xavier,

I also install KDE 4.2 RC from factory for testing while ago. I use
Intel GM45 card and kwin is not running. I use the latest Mesa from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XOrg/openSUSE_11.1/ but
not help.

Last time I use compiz from
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/X11:/XGL/openSUSE_11.1_KDE4_Factory/
It runs, well still have bugs I think. But it works.

Hope there is a stable repo soon for 4.2, or does it already exist?

regards,
medwinz