Re: [opensuse] KDE4.2
  • From: "Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 18:36:20 -0700
Sven Burmeister wrote:
Am Dienstag, 27. Januar 2009 18:43:31 schrieb Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate
Webmaster:
I was just going to ask if there were official 4.2 (final) rpms for
SUSE. Of those of you who are running 4.2, are you using a RC, or the
final version? If there is a repository for 4.2 final, can you tell me
where it is?

Google + kde4 + opensuse gets you to: http://en.opensuse.org/KDE4

Sven

I saw that after my last post, but I had to wonder if the KDE 4.2 there
is based on a release candidate, as they are labeled "UNSTABLE". Does
anyone know if the KDE 4.2 posted there is based on the final (i.e. GM)
4.2 officially released today?

When I had opensuse 11.0, I did several KDE 4.x upgrades... all with
just a few clicks. It would be nice to do the same here, assuming again
that the opensuse sources contain the final/stable version of KDE 4.2,
and not a RC or beta.

Maybe there isn't a seamless and simple way to simply upgrade 4.1.3 to
4.2 GM (yet), especially without dependency problems. Can anyone comment
on this?