Re: [opensuse] application launcher plasmoid
  • From: Sven Burmeister <sven.burmeister@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 01:31:23 +0100
Am Dienstag, 27. Januar 2009 23:22:44 schrieb Teruel de Campo MD:
Could please try to install the "aplication Launcher" to the desktop.
When I do it stays open all the time I can not close it like it happens
if you installed on the panel.
OTOH if you install the "application launcher menu" it comes as it
should with the kde icon and now with the gecko icon. When you click you
have the kde menu. I can not do the same with the suse (aka kickoff)
menu.
Is this a bug or I just do not know how to do it.

The plasmoid detects whether it is put on the desktop or a panel. If it is on
a panel it only shows the button to save space, if put on the desktop there is
no need for a button. Other launchers like lancelot offer both, which migh
confuse users because then there are two "Lancelot" items int he widget list.

There are other plasmoids that have a different formafactor depending on the
containment they are placed in.

Sven