[opensuse] Problem with printing Postscript files
  • From: Stephen Berman <stephen.berman@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:30:59 +0100
I have a Brother DCP-115C and with the MFC210 driver from Brother I have
been able to print all types of files from all applications under
openSUSE. But now with openSUSE 11.1 (using the same Brother driver I
have used since I think openSUSE 9.3 or earlier), Postscript files are
not graphically interpreted: the printer outputs the compiled Postscript
code. If I convert the Postscript file to PDF, it prints out fine.
(And if I print to file, I can view the .ps-file with okular or
kghostview and it appears correctly graphically interpreted.) I have
not yet found anything relevant from searching the web. Does anyone
here have an idea what the problem could be or a suggestion how to try
to diagnose it?

Steve Berman