[opensuse] Why are different SSL fingerprints returned for imap -- Sandy?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 13:52:44 -0600
List, Sandy:

I am trying to figure out why different SSL fingerprints are returned
for a
dovecot imap mailbox depending on whether you get the fingerprint from a
fetchmail dump with:

/usr/bin/fetchmail -a -v -n --folder spam-learn

or whether you get the fingerprint directly from the cert:

openssl x509 -in /etc/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem -noout -fingerprint

Am I looking at different fingerprints? the mail.domain fingerprint
versus the
SHA1 fingerprint? Confused. What says the brain trust.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC