Re: [opensuse] Recover stupidly deleted files
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:34:54 -0800
On Tuesday January 27 2009, Regis Matejcik wrote:
I'm using Suse 11.0. (reiserfs file system) I stupidly deleted an
important directory and it's backup. ...
but thousands of files are simply unidentifiable binary files. I'm
guessing they're mostly Open Office documents since that was the
majority of what was lost.

Any hints on anything that might either unscramble the files from
reiserfsck, or do a better job of recovering files?

If part of the problem is identifying the files, the "file" command does
that pretty well, though it doesn't know 100% of all file formats out
there, of course.

The "file" command is in package "file".

Thanks,

Regis

Randall Schulz