RE: [opensuse] dhcp on Suse 11.0
  • From: "James D. Parra" <Jamesp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:58:17 -0800

Thanks David. I gave the Vista machines static IP addresses. What is odd
is
that the Vista machines can not find the dhcp server. I don't see any
requests from the Vista machines in the dhcp server logs. Is there a dhcp
server broadcast that I need to set in the server that the Vista machines
can recognize?

Thanks again,

~James

James,

I think I found what you need. This looks like the solution to make
Vista
broadcast for an IP:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/networking-forum/networking-support/310326-v
ista-dhcp-failure-_-m-solution.html

There are two solutions provided with the MS kb articles referenced.

Thanks again, David, but I had previously tried all of those to no avail. I
think there is something dhcp server side that Vista is expecting. There is
no firewall on the server and all other workstations get IP addresses.

Greatly appreciate your help and suggestions.

~James