Re: [opensuse] No boot screen anymore...
  • From: JB2 <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:58:20 -0600
On 27 January 09, Dominique Leuenberger wrote:

On 1/27/2009 at 3:02 AM, JB2 <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My menu.lst has that, thanks for the idea to check it though.

One thing I did try during a reboot, was the 'caps lock' key trick...it
brought up the penguins easter egg, but if I reboot and don't touch
anything,
it completely skips any spalsh screen and goes straight to the text stuff
and
then the green login screen. <sigh>

So, you don't even get a 'text' based grub?

Yes, I still get that. It's *partially* fixed at the moment. I did
the 'mkinitrd -s' thing that Nkoli told me to try. Now I get the splash
screen and get to choose what I want to 'boot up', but once I hit 'enter', it
goes straight back to the scrolling text and finally to the login screen.
IIRR, the scrolling text was another screen with small graphics moving on it
and *then* the login screen. I'd just like to get it all back to normal and
maybe even find out why a kernel update with YaST screws it all up.

John

--
"Democracy cannot survive overpopulation... The more people there are the less
one individual matters." -Isaac Asimov