Re: [opensuse] dhcp on Suse 11.0
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 11:35:21 -0600
James D. Parra wrote:

Thanks David. I gave the Vista machines static IP addresses. What is odd is
that the Vista machines can not find the dhcp server. I don't see any
requests from the Vista machines in the dhcp server logs. Is there a dhcp
server broadcast that I need to set in the server that the Vista machines
can recognize?

Thanks again,

~James

James,

I think I found what you need. This looks like the solution to make
Vista
broadcast for an IP:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/networking-forum/networking-support/310326-vista-dhcp-failure-_-m-solution.html

There are two solutions provided with the MS kb articles referenced.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC