Re: [opensuse] 11.0 - Can't make A4 paper default go away
  • From: Felix Miata <mrmazda@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:35:17 -0500
On 2009/01/26 22:10 (GMT-0800) Kai Ponte composed:

Felix Miata wrote:

Whenever I try to print for the first time in a new app or new user, nothing
happens if I don't remember to go into the app's paper setup and select the
proper paper. It seems this is because I own no A4 paper nor A4 paper trays,
yet the system defaults to A4 paper
In YaST2 printer, after waiting eternally for repo data I didn't ask for to
download, I

There's someplace you can tell it not to refresh. I usually just launch
YaST and go have a Monster or Jolt.

select printer options for my only printer, and driver options
default paper in your printer is grayed out and set to A4. How do I change
the global default to letter? What mysterious file is set to A4? How do I
eradicate the possibility of using A4 paper?

I did it per printer in Geeko > Configure Desktop > Peripherals > Printers

For each printer I set the default paper size to Letter. (I currently
have ten printers loaded on my laptop and two on each of my desktops.)

As I wrote in what you quoted, it does not let me make that change ("grayed
out").

Is it even possible to acquire
A4 paper in the USA?

Good question.
--
"Train a child in the way he should go, and when he
is old he will not turn from it." Proverbs 22:6 NIV

Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata *** http://fm.no-ip.com/