[opensuse] Sluggish Text Drawing Via ATI Video Card On 11.1 (Unlike 10.0)
  • From: Randall R Schulz <rschulz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 06:47:50 -0800
Hi,

One lingering issue with my new 11.1 installation is the sluggishness
with which text is drawn in Konsole windows. The same hardware running
10.0 and the SuSE-supplied video driver exhibited virtually
instantaneous drawing of text pages in Konsole and very rapid
scrolling.

I am now running the ATI / AMD proprietary driver, but a big reason I
installed it was this very symptom under the openSUSE-supplied driver,
which I incorrectly believed would be rectified by the proprietary
driver.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Ideally, suggest a fix?

Randall Schulz