Re: [opensuse] libcurl static library
  • From: Sylvester Lykkehus <zly@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 14:06:47 +0100
On 2009-01-27 14:04, Josef Reidinger wrote:
Sylvester Lykkehus wrote:
Hi,

Is it intended that the libcurl-devel does not contain the static library ?
Can it be found in another package ?
I was playing around with the roadsend php compiler, and nedded the
static libcurl library to compile staticly linked php applications.

Best regards
Sylvester Lykkehus

Yes, it is intended due to security reason (you cannot update simple bug
in libcurl if you link it static). What I suggest for you is compile it
own from sources or use libcurl spec file and remove line which remove
static library and regenerate rpm.
JR

Thanks for the swift reply.

/Sylvester