Re: [opensuse] 11.0 - Can't make A4 paper default go away
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:10:28 +1100
David C. Rankin wrote:
Felix Miata wrote:

Whenever I try to print for the first time in a new app or new user, nothing
happens if I don't remember to go into the app's paper setup and select the
proper paper. It seems this is because I own no A4 paper nor A4 paper trays,
yet the system defaults to A4 paper.

In YaST2 printer, after waiting eternally for repo data I didn't ask for to
download, I select printer options for my only printer, and driver options
default paper in your printer is grayed out and set to A4. How do I change
the global default to letter? What mysterious file is set to A4? How do I
eradicate the possibility of using A4 paper? Is it even possible to acquire
A4 paper in the USA?

Felix -- tisk, tisk

Everybody knows that the master default paper size setting is in kde
control
panel, under Country/Region & Language, then under the 'Other' tab at the far
right.

Find it there and I bet your problems are solved...

Wish it were so but it isn't. The printer settings do not use the
setting in the Regional and Country setting (which is automatically set
during installation when you select the Timezone).

Ciao.

--
"I do not instruct the uninterested; I do not help those who fail to try. If I
mention one corner of a subject and the pupil does not deduce therefrom the