Re: [opensuse] [OT] Is there a problem with the Novell SLES update site ?
  • From: Sandy Drobic <suse-linux-e@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 12:49:00 +0100
Philippe Andersson wrote:
Is anyone on this list aware of a problem with the Novell (SLES 10)
online update site ?

I registered a new subscription yesterday, but fail to download the
updates. I always get curl errors to the effect that the SSL certificate
doesn't verify:

--------------------------<cut>-------------------------------
Curl error for
'https://<hidden>@nu.novell.com/repo/$RCE/SLES10-SP1-Updates/sles-10-x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml':
Error code: Unrecognized error
Error message: SSL certificate problem, verify that the CA cert is OK.
Details:
error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate
verify failed
--------------------------<cut>-------------------------------

I got similar curl errors when I tried to update a new machine. The only
solution was to configure a mirror for the repositories in "Software
Repositories" and deactivate the preconfigured repositories that point to
download.opensuse.org.

My error messages occured when I tried to configure the online update:

Error
Download failed:
Curl error for
'http://download.opensuse.org/update/10.3/repodata/patch-MozillaFirefox-4758.xml':