Re: [opensuse] off-list messages
  • From: G T Smith <grahamsmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:10:45 +0000

Jos van Kan wrote:
G T Smith schreef:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Jerry Houston wrote:
It's not you, it's your email client. Some handle list headers properly,
and some don't.

When I used Thunderbird, I had to either "reply all" and remove the
private address, or "reply" and then type in the list address. Using
KMail (which I recommend highly, by the way), when I reply to a list
message, it goes to the list. If I reply to a private message, it goes to
the private address.

If you are using Thunderbird one needs (if required that is) to amend a
control line in the Config Editor which will cause a reply to a list be
only addressed to the list and without any CCs.

There is a perfectly good Thunderbird Plugin for this purpose, see..

http://alumnit.ca/wiki/index.php?page=ReplyToListThunderbirdExtension

so no need for the above in most scenarios....

Are you sure it is perfectly good? I remember a reply-to-list plugin, that
made
was
this one.

Regards,

Never noticed this behaviour... but I am using earlier 0.2.x variant not
0.3.0 (I use IMAP so this 0.3.0 would be a bad idea)...

- --
telephone.

Bjarne Stroustrup