Re: [opensuse] Upgrade from 10.1 to 11.1
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:27:53 +0100
On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 03:14 -0600, David C. Rankin wrote:

Keep this in your hip pocket for when the dependencies start flying ;-)

The machine I want to update is pretty much only SUSE RPMs. Either the
original or ones done via update. Not lots of funny things added from
all over the place. I think using things like pacman leads to confusion
as the version numbers used there are not based on the same system as
SUSE (for the same package). So sorting out dependencies must have a
greater chance of failing.

No matter, a backup of needed info will be done first, as is always the
case.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.