Re: [opensuse] Upgrade from 10.1 to 11.1
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:11:15 +0100
On Mon, 2009-01-26 at 12:24 -0500, Felix Miata wrote:
On 2009/01/26 17:31 (GMT+0100) Roger Oberholtzer composed:

Has anyone done this specific upgrade of openSUSE? If so, any pitfalls?
I am hoping to avoid having to do a new install on this type of machine.

Not an answer, but are you aware of the panoply of reported problems in 11.1?
You might want to consider asking about upgrade to 11.0 instead, depending on
your hardware (especially video) and/or configuration (simple vs multidisk vs
RAID).

I have no issues with 11.1 for my use. I have no need of fancy video or
RAID. It is a 'simple' KDE3 desktop I am after. I now use 11.1 as my
work desktop and have no known issues. YMMV, of course.

--
Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST

Ramböll Sverige AB
Krukmakargatan 21
P.O. Box 17009
SE-104 62 Stockholm, Sweden

Office: Int +46 8-615 60 20
Mobile: Int +46 70-815 1696

--

"On two occasions I have been asked (by members of Parliament!),
'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures,

And remember:

It is like talking about a large city with all construction finished.
Not impossible, but very unlikely.