Re: [opensuse] Remove all kde code from s11
  • From: "Amedee Van Gasse" <amedee@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 10:08:50 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, January 26, 2009 13:49, Dave Feustel wrote:

Actually I assume my systems have already been rooted quite a while ago.

Actually I think that the question isn't *what* has been rooted, but *who*
;-)

The removal of the kde code is an experiment which has revealed the
presence of a simpler window manager which I find I like, but which is
missing just a few essential amenities.

Absolutely true: ion, xfce, windowmaker,... are all very light compared to
KDE.
I'm still missing a causal relation between you being rooted in your BIOS
and a fast desktop, but please ignore me.