Re: [opensuse] 11.0 - Can't make A4 paper default go away
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 02:59:01 -0600
Felix Miata wrote:
Whenever I try to print for the first time in a new app or new user, nothing
happens if I don't remember to go into the app's paper setup and select the
proper paper. It seems this is because I own no A4 paper nor A4 paper trays,
yet the system defaults to A4 paper.

In YaST2 printer, after waiting eternally for repo data I didn't ask for to
download, I select printer options for my only printer, and driver options
default paper in your printer is grayed out and set to A4. How do I change
the global default to letter? What mysterious file is set to A4? How do I
eradicate the possibility of using A4 paper? Is it even possible to acquire
A4 paper in the USA?

Felix -- tisk, tisk

Everybody knows that the master default paper size setting is in kde
control
panel, under Country/Region & Language, then under the 'Other' tab at the far
right.

Find it there and I bet your problems are solved...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC