Re: [opensuse] No boot screen anymore...
  • From: "Dominique Leuenberger" <Dominique.Leuenberger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 08:36:13 +0100
On 1/27/2009 at 3:02 AM, JB2 <yonaton@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My menu.lst has that, thanks for the idea to check it though.

One thing I did try during a reboot, was the 'caps lock' key trick...it
brought up the penguins easter egg, but if I reboot and don't touch
anything,
it completely skips any spalsh screen and goes straight to the text stuff
and
then the green login screen. <sigh>

So, you don't even get a 'text' based grub?
do you happen to have a timeout of 0 seconds defined?

Maybe you can post the menu.lst on pastebin.com?

Dominique